Learn More About Invisalign Treatment
Ever wanted straighter teeth? We are here to help. Invisalign is a wire-free dental treatment that can take the place of traditional braces for some patients. If you’re sensitive about the look and feel of wire braces, you may want to explore whether Invisalign is an option for you. Though not all patients are eligible for this type of treatment, there are some distinct advantages to Invisalign for those who can use it.
How Does Invisalign Work? Learn all about those clear aligners
Invisalign can assist with:
- Overbite or underbite
- Open bite
- Gaps between the teeth
- Slight straightening of the teeth
What’s the Process for Getting Invisalign? Learn how quickly Invisalign can straighten your teeth
How Do I Use Invisalign? Learn about care, useage, and storage
Your Invisalign aligners require regular cleaning and care as well. You should brush your aligners daily and use the Invisalign cleaning system to prevent yellowing or discoloration and to keep the trays clear. Your dentist will give you several sets of trays that you’re responsible for changing yourself every other week. You typically see your dentist every six to eight weeks with Invisalign, so you’ll go through several trays between appointments.
What Side Effects Can I Experience With Invisalign? What to look for
Some patients experience mild pain or discomfort from the attachments that are adhered to the teeth. These can scrape or irritate the soft tissue in the mouth. You can often get relief from this discomfort by speaking to your dentist about your options.
How Do I Know If Invisalign Is Right for Me? Are clear aligners the best option for you
How Does Invisalign Compare to Metal Braces? And what’s your best option
- Invisalign is more difficult to see, as the clear trays are subtler than metal brackets and wires.
- Invisalign trays generally cause less discomfort than metal braces.
- Invisalign trays are removable for short periods during the day.
Metal braces are not without their benefits, however. Some reasons you might want to consider metal braces include:
- Metal braces being more affordable than most Invisalign treatment plans.
- Metal braces cannot be removed, which may help children or teens stick with their treatment plan successfully.
- Metal braces can treat a greater range of dental issues with more flexibility.
If you’re interested in Invisalign, your dentist is your best resource. Make an appointment now to learn more about whether Invisalign is the right choice for your smile.