Root Canal Therapy in North Vancouver
Signs That You May Need a Root Canal
If you experience any of the following symptoms, this may be a sign that you have an infection and need a root canal.
● Discomfort while biting and chewing
● Sensitivity to hot and cold foods
● Constant pain
● Swollen gums
● Tooth Discolouration
If you experience any of these symptoms, we recommend you visit your dentist for treatment. If left untreated, the infection may spread to the tooth root causing irreparable harm, which may result in tooth extraction.
Root Canal Procedure
1. Your dentist will administer a local anesthetic to numb the area and reduce any discomfort.
2. They will drill a hole and remove the decayed area of the tooth.
3. They will clean the area and seal it by placing a filling.
Care After a Root Canal
You may experience pain after the procedure, so over-the-counter pain medication is recommended. The pain should subside within a day or two, but you should avoid eating any hard foods that may damage your filling.